How to Tap?
Tap functionality works similar to how an access card is used, by presenting the mobile device close to the reader. There is a tutorial for Tap in the Help menu.
Note: To configure how Tap operates on the mobile device, see the Mobile Access App configuration settings. Mobile Access can be set to be allowed Always, which allows opening lock when app is in foreground, background and when device is locked.
How to Twist and Go?
The Twist and Go gesture is available only on readers that have been configured to include the long read range option. Reader configuration can be confirmed by your Security Administrator. To use the Twist and Go feature, twist your device within 6 feet / 2 meters from the reader (similar to the motion of turning a door knob). There is a tutorial for Twist and Go in the Help menu.
If a “reader out of range” message is received, move closer to the reader and try again.
Note: To configure how Twist and Go operates on the mobile device, see the Mobile Access App configuration settings. Mobile Access can be set to be allowed Always, which allows opening lock when app is in foreground, background and when device is locked.
Periodically mobile device Operating Systems close down apps that are not active. Therefore from time-to-time it may be necessary to restart the ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access App.
Why is my Apple Pay credit or debit card visible on screen while Tap with a reader?
With iPhone 6, Apple introduced Apple Pay based on Near Field Communication (NFC). Although the Apple user experience is optimized for contactless readers and payment, it will also impact the user experience for other applications. Mobile Access on iPhone uses Bluetooth Smart to communicate with the reader. However, if you Tap the iPhone in proximity distance to the reader the NFC antenna embedded in the iPhone will sense the NFC capability from the reader and display the default payment card. This means you may see the Apple pay selected credit or debit card on your screen while open doors, but no credit card information is exchanged and no financial transaction occurs.
Does the App collect private data?
Why does the reader not recognize my mobile device?
A lot of the needed settings are validated and listed in the Help > About view.
To initially troubleshoot the phone/reader connection, verify the following are in order:
- Mobile Access App is installed correctly and a valid Mobile ID is visible on the device screen.
- Mobile Access App is in the foreground, and the Mobile ID has been entered as a credential into the Access Control System (confirm with your security administrator).
- Check when Mobile Access is configured to be allowed the Mobile Access App configuration settings. Mobile Access can be set to be allowed Always, which allows opening lock when app is in foreground, background and when device is locked.
- Reader is a mobile-enabled reader that supports Bluetooth Smart and with supported iOS device such as iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 6 with Bluetooth Smart. Bluetooth has been enabled on the device.
- Reader works with a traditional Psychical Access Card, or another device.
If all of this is in order and issues continue, consult your security administrator for support.