The Senior Technical Support position offers the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of security and identity while working within a tightly knit, highly skilled team meeting challenges on a daily basis.
This position will support the HID Identity Assurance Business Segment (ActivIdentity), located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in the assigned geographic area. Over 2,500 enterprises, online banking and government organizations rely on ActivIdentity’s authentication and credential management solutions to meet their security and compliance requirements. Actividentity is part of HID Global, an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com or www.actividentity.com.
In support of our strategy, we are currently seeking a Support Engineer in Fremont, CA. The primary objectives of the role are to troubleshoot and reproduce technical customer issues.
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. As part of HID Global, the ActivIdentity business segment enables customers to prove and establish trust in a person’s identity when accessing resources and data on the network. The Identity Assurance portfolio protects organizations with cost effective and risk appropriate security solutions that go beyond simple passwords. More than 100 million credentials being issued to enterprise, government and commerce customers, globally, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
HID Global serves a variety of markets. These markets include physical and IT Security; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
- Customer service soft-skills such as customer empathy, diplomacy, and problem ownership
- Efficient, effective communication both with customers and within internal departments
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems, reproducing issues in a local environment, and testing proposed fixes from engineering
- Common sense and organizational skills to address challenging and complex questions in an adaptive, high-tech environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritize and switch between varied tasks
- Technical writing skills to create and maintain Knowledge Base articles
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Motivation, curiosity, ambition, and the ability to "hit the ground running"
Technical Support Engineers carry and answer the On Call smart phone approximately one week of every six for additional compensation. On Call hours are 6pm to 11pm on weekdays and 9am to 11pm on weekends and holidays (Americas) and 8am to 6pm weekends only (EMEA). In the US, citizens and green card holders are preferred.
- 3 years experience in a Technical Support Role
- Operating system experience (Windows, Solaris, Linux, and Mac OS X)
- Database experience (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Familiarity with Security/Cryptography concepts (preferred)
- Certificate Authority experience (Microsoft, Verisign, Entrust) (preferred)
- Directory experience (LDAP, Active Directory, eDir, Sun ONE, Critical Path, and OpenLDAP) (preferred)
- Programming and/or scripting experience (preferred)
- Web Authoring environment experience (Active X, Tomcat) (preferred)
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
- Familiarity with enterprise software environments and client/server architecture
US Citizens and green card holders preferred
Contact for more info: KC Le